We’re in the middle of our Kickstarter over here, which means we are BUSY. Have you pledged yet? You totally should.. here’s the link! Even $5 helps! Here’s the thing about real life though – even when you’re in the middle of this huge amazing thing that needs and deserves all your energy – people still gotta eat. The whole goal of Chef Jocelyn’s Food School is to get folks in the kitchen, so I can’t bring myself to just do fast food every night during this campaign – so I’m still cooking. This is delicious and fast and easy, and it’s one of those things I can stop at the grocery store on the way home, grab three things, get home and have dinner ready 30 minutes later. It’s no sacrifice for the family to eat it, though – they love it.
Three Ingredient BBQ Chicken Braid
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- refrigerated pulled chicken (We like Jack Daniel’s brand but there are lots of good options, check your grocery store)
- 2 cans crescent rolls (Spend the .14 extra cents for Pillsbury if you can!)
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to350.
- Heat the chicken according to package directions. (Alternatively, you can shred the meat from a rotisserie chicken, add your favorite bottled bbq sauce and warm it up)
- Pop open the crescent rolls and lay them out. Pinch the seams together to form one big rectangular sheet.
- Spoon out the half of the bbq chicken down the center of the rectangle, leaving about 2 inches of crescent roll on each side, top with 1/2 cup cheese
- Carefully add cuts to the exposed dough spaced about 1/2 apart, from the edge of the dough until just where the chicken starts (see photo)
- The Braid: Starting at one end, fold the end piece over (it’s going to be weird, just roll with it) and then fold the left strip over, and then the right strip. Continue towards the opposite end. When you have 2 strips left on each side at the end, fold the weird end bit over, and then “braid” the remaining side strips over that.
- Optional: Brush with butter or egg wash
- Repeat with 2nd can of crescent rolls and remaining bbq chicken and cheese
- Bake according to package directions, approximately 20 minutes.