Have you had it up-to-here with Thanksgiving leftovers? It’s been less than a week and I’m already over it. I’ve cooked turkey soup and turkey quesadillas and turkey pot pie and I AM OVER IT. This is so completely different and yet it’s still super easy – because Thanksgiving may be over but Christmas looms and I’m still swamped. I hope y’all like this as much as we did!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of 12 Dinner Rolls (We love the Hawaiian Brand)
- 1 c Pizza Sauce
- 12 slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 package of Pepperoni
- ½ c cooked and crumbled sausage (Italian sausage is best but if you’ve got breakfast sausage, by all means – use that)
- ½ onion, cooked
Herbed Butter Topping
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 T Parmesan Cheese
- 1 t Onion powder
- 1 T Oregano
- 1 Garlic Salt
- ¼ t Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice the rolls horizontally (while still attached) to make a top and bottom bun.
- Place bottom bun into prepared baking dish. Spread pizza sauce onto rolls.
- Next, add 6 slices of cheese (covering all of the pizza sauce.)
- On top of the cheese layer, add all the slices of pepperoni.
- Sprinkle the top of the pepperoni with crumbled sausage and onions
- Add the remaining 6 slices of cheese on top.
- Then cover all of it with the top bun.
- Now, make the seasoned buttery topping. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- Then, using a brush (or a spoon) spread topping all over the sliders. Be sure to get the sides too!
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Chef Jocelyn Tip: These are pretty customizable – you can add whatever pizza toppings you like! Make these vegetarian or add jalapenos or pineapple and ham – go crazy! But don’t skip the buttery topping – that’s what really makes this dish!