As moms, we do a lot of cooking over the holidays – and I gotta say, I love to feed people. That said, sometimes it can be overwhelming! I love this recipe because I can throw it together the night before and in the morning, warm up the oven before my baking starts (or the turkey or the ham or whatever giant meal I’m making!) and just throw this in there, and my family and guests can have a hot, hearty breakfast to start the day. Pro-tip: use a foil baking tin for easy clean up! The last thing you need is one more pan to wash, am I right?
See the video on Facebook!
Overnight Tater tot Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes + Overnight in the Refrigerator
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours
- 2 lbs Frozen Tater tots
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 c Whole Milk
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 c shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan, add cooked and crumbled sausage and layer the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle 2 cup of the cheese over cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the milk, eggs, pepper, and salt. Once mixed, pour evenly over the cheese and sausage in baking dish.
- Next layer top with frozen tater tots.
- If not baking right away, cover tightly with foil and chill in fridge until the next morning.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Once oven reaches 350F, place casserole in oven for about 35 minutes.
- Top with additional 1 cup cheese, cooked/crumbled bacon, and bake another 5-10 minutes or until sides are bubbling and top is golden brown.
- Let rest at room temp 10 minutes, and serve.