This recipe came from the family being tired of the same old pasta. Our life is busy and we’re always on the go so I knew we needed something quick that would keep them full – and my daughter loves bacon and the hubby loves potatoes, and this is what I came up with – and it was a hit!
One Skillet Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb bacon, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onion, optional
- Melt butter in a 12 inch or bigger oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add gnocchi in a single layer and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes until brown and toasted. Flip them over and cook another 2-3 minutes until the other side is cooked. Removed from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef to skillet and season with with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and mustard powder. Then add in chopped onion and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink, drain if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, broth, bacon, and gnocchi back to skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes or until gnocchi is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Turn off heat, then add in cream and 1 cup of cheese and stir to combine. Top with remaining cheese. Place the skillet under the broiler in the oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. Once removed from Oven add thinly sliced green onion (optional). Let stand about 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Chef Jocelyn Notes:
With this recipe, you will need to make sure that you are using an oven-safe skillet (cast iron is GREAT for this!)
This recipe is incredibly versatile. You can use chorizo sausage and make a Tex-Mex gnocchi skillet or add chicken and bacon for a BLT gnocchi skillet, or even go vegetarian with fresh tomatoes and basil for a caprese skillet! Let your imagination run wild!