1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
8 oz cavatappi noodles
2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 oz cream cheese
¾ cup milk
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1(8 oz) dried or jar sun-dried tomatoes (if they are in a jar, make sure to drain, rinse, and chop)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (1t dried)
2-3 cup baby spinach
- Add the chicken, noodles, broth, and butter in the Instant Pot. Try to cover the noodles as much as possible with the liquid. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual pressure cook button to 3 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let the pot sit for 5 more minutes (the display will start counting up). Move the valve to “venting.” Once all the pressure is released, remove the lid
- Turn the pot to the saute function. Stir in the garlic powder, cream cheese, and milk. There will seem to be a lot of liquid in the pot but don’t worry. Once the cream cheese is melted, add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and finally the spinach. Stir until the spinach is cooked down.
- Scoop out and Enjoy!
Chef Jocelyn Notes:
- Noodles: If you don’t have Cavatappi noodles, you can also use elbow macaroni noodles
- Chicken Broth can also be substituted for Chicken Stock
- Sun-dried tomatoes: you can use the ones soaked in oil and herbs or you can also purchase the dried variety in a vacuum sealed package
- Basil that is used in this recipe can be fresh, dried, or can come in a tube that you can find near the fresh herbs