1 cup pineapple juice
½ cup Vegetable Oil
1 box of yellow cake mix
6 pineapple rings
6 Maraschino cherries
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter
cooking spray with flour
- Spray your cups with the cooking spray with flour
- Mix cake mix, vegetable oil, pineapple juice, and eggs until smooth and set aside.
- In the bottom of cup, place ½ tablespoon butter then 1 tablespoon brown sugar, next lay pineapple ring on top then place a maraschino cherry in the middle of pineapple ring.
- Fill in each cup ½ way full of cake mix. Once all cups are full put trivet down and add 1 c water in the bottom of your pot.
- Lock on the lid and make sure valve is closed. Cook on Pressure Cooker-High for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then turn upside down on a plate and enjoy!
Chef Jocelyn Notes:
- The cups that I was referring to are Pyrex 1 cup (glass) or ceramic ramekin that was 6 or 8 oz each.
- I used an Instant Pot Duo60 9 and 1 (6 qt), please note that pressure cookers may have different settings.
- This recipe calls for yellow cake mix, a great substitute for this recipe would be a Betty Crocker Pineapple Supreme Cake mix.