Egg Roll Bowl
1 lb ground pork
2 bags pre-shredded coleslaw mix
½ c chicken or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 package egg roll wrappers, cut into strips
2-3 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Egg Roll Bowls
- Place Instant Pot on saute. Wait until it’s hot and then add pork, soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper and then brown the ground pork.
- When meat is browned, turn Instant Pot off and add the 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add both bags of coleslaw mix on top and DO NOT stir. Place lid on and turn the knob to seal.
- Set Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 0 minutes. If you have a newer model Instant Pot, you select the pressure cook button instead for 0 minutes. And, yes 0 minutes is totally a thing. Just keep hitting the – button until the timer reaches 0.
- When the timer is up, perform a quick release. When pressure is released, open carefully and give everything a quick stir. Scoop into bowls and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while Instant Pot is preheating on saute.
- Cut egg roll wrappers into strips and brush with olive or vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes until bubbly and brown. WATCH these carefully because they go from brown to burnt very fast!
- Let chips cool and enjoy with your egg roll bowls!
Chef Jocelyn Notes:
Egg Roll Bowl
If you are using a lean meat (like ground pork or turkey) you will not need to drain it when it’s done. If you are using a higher fat meat (like ground beef) you will need to drain when browned.
I use egg roll wrappers because they are more sturdy than traditional wonton wrappers when you are trying to scoop, but you can use whatever you have (even tortilla chips)