2 ripe bananas, mashed ¼ c butter, softened
¼ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup White Sugar
1 egg, beaten
½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup pecan pieces, optional
- Spray the mini loaf pans with baking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas using a fork.
- In another mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream, butter, and sugars together.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla to the creamed butter/sugar mixture. Use a spoon to mix well.
- Stir the bananas and sour cream and buttermilk into the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir by hand, until just moistened.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the inner liner of the Instant Pot(2 cups if using the 8 qt). Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, or dial, and the + or – button to set for 24 minutes. This will begin warming up the water so it comes to pressure quicker.
- Spoon the batter into prepared mini loaf pans and cover with foil, leaving some room for the bread to rise a little. Gently crimp the edges.
- Set the trivet on the counter, and put the cake/bundt pan on it. Carefully place it in the pot using the handles. Close the lid and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- After the cook time is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes (10-minute natural release). Then turn the steam release knob to the Venting position to release the remaining steam/pressure.
- After all of the pressure is out and the pin in the lid drops down, open it and use silicone mitts or pot holders to very carefully remove the cake/bundt pan from the pressure cooker, using the trivet handles.
- Carefully remove the foil, and let the banana bread sit for 10-15 minutes to cool a bit. Then release the bread from the pan onto a plate. Either invert the pan or with a push pan, set it on a can and gently push the pan down.
- Serve the banana bread warm, slathered in butter, or let it cool.
Chef Jocelyn Notes
- You can use several different types of pans; 6 cups or smaller bundt pan, mini loaf pans, ceramic rounds, you can also do disposable pans.
- If you don’t have ripe bananas, you can always make them ripe at home, as long as you have microwave or oven. Microwave: place bananas on a microwavable plate and cook on high for 2 minutes. Don’t be alarmed, they will turn brown and might also open slightly. Oven: Preheat oven 450 degrees place bananas on oven safe pan and leave in for about 15-20 minutes.
- Nuts for this recipe are optional. I went with pecans for my banana bread, but another great option is walnuts.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites