1.5 cups Angel Food Box Cake
2 cups Water
- Spray your angel food pans (4 or 4.5-inch pan).
- Add Angel Food Cake and ½ cup water into a large size mixing bowl and whisk until fluffy.
- Grease your mini angel food cake pans.
- Gently spoon the mixture into mini angel food cake pan ¾ of the way full. Lightly cover with foil.
- Add 1.5 cup water to the bottom of the instant pot, followed by the metal trivet that came with the instant pot.
- Carefully place the angel food cake on the metal trivet, place the top on and seal. Make sure to close the steam vent.
- Turn Instant pot on and set to the manual high-pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- Once Instant beeps after 10 minutes, do a Quick Release and then remove the lid and lift the metal trivet out and remove foil.
- When cooled, use a small spatula or knive to loosen the edges. Turn over and give the pan a little tap and it should release.
Chef Jocelyn Notes:
- When doing this recipe you can make the angel food cake the regular way or you can add in sprinkles to brighten it up the angel food cake.
- Angel Food Cake pans can come 2 different ways. They can come with a springform pan or they can just be one solid piece. Just make sure that you spray your pan so you can prevent them from sticking
- For Strawberry Shortcake you will need fresh strawberries, whipped cream and strawberry glaze (optional). Chop fresh strawberries and then combined with strawberry glaze. Place on top of mini angel food cake and then top with whip cream and enjoy!