Fall means “pumpkin spice”, right? Well yes, but it also means actual pumpkins! And that doesn’t just means pies and coffee drinks for soccer moms – pumpkin is amazing savory dishes, too! Savory Pumpkin? Do those two words belong together? You bet. This savory pumpkin alfredo will rock your socks. It’s not the least bit healthy, but hey, we all need to indulge now and then and once you’ve tried this, you won’t regret it.
prep 5 mins
cook 15 mins
total 20 mins
- 1 pound fettuccine (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
- 2/3 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optional garnish)
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil over high heat. Once water has started to boil add add fettuccine.(check package instructions)
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute, careful not to burn. Stir in half & half, Parmesan, pumpkin, salt and pepper, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Stir in pasta water, about 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce is desired consistency (I used about 1/2 a cup, and it was thick and creamy. For a thinner sauce, use more water).
- Add pasta and cook over medium-high heat until sauce is smooth and pasta is well coated; about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh grated Parmesan, if desired.