I’m back with another pumpkin recipe! This time we’re going the road less traveled and taking the savory route with pumpkin. The recipe is a gem. It’s healthy, it’s savory, it’s vegan, and can be made in just 15 minutes! Can you believe it? Just 15 minutes for soup?! It’s packed with flavor too. Don’t let this recipe pass you by. For an added bonus, I also included another quick recipe for fontina grilled cheese sandwiches. Eating grilled cheeses with soups is especially comforting for me. It stirs up so many warm memories!
Quick Thai Pumpkin Soup
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 teaspoons coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
2 cups vegetable broth
2 15-ounce cans pumpkin puree
1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup chopped green onion
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring until the garlic is fragrant but not starting to turn brown.
- Stir in curry paste until hot and then immediately add broth to stop the garlic from toasting too much.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, lime juice, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro and scallions.
Easy Italian Bread Fontina Grilled Cheese
2 Slices of frozen/fresh Italian bread Store bought
¼ c Shredded or Thinly Slice Fontina Cheese
- Preheat skillet big enough to hold 2 slices of Italian bread on medium heat.
- Shred or thinly slice Fontina cheese.
- Place bread slices butter side down in the preheated pan.
- Add Fontina cheese to one piece of the bread and allow it to start to melt.
- Add the other piece of bread on top of the melting cheese and press down, until all the cheese has melted.