This day could not get any crazier. I was literally at the doctor’s office from 8 am until almost noon. Nothing pisses me off more than being on time to the doc, and then they let you stew for an hour till they decide to see you. They don’t check on you, they just make you sit and wait in a room with no communication. GRRRR!! My kids need to be at school today! This is how my day started and I really needed to figure out what is for dinner quickly as the doctor’s office took up the majority of my morning. When all else fails, I pull out my ever-so-faithful slow-cooker! Do you have a slowcooker? They can be real life savers on days like the one I had. This recipe only took me 15 minutes to prep and I was back on my way again.
Easy Crockpot Ravioli Lasagna
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 Hours and 15 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large jar pasta sauce
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 large package (25-30 oz) Cheese Ravioli (You can use any Flavor of Frozen or Fresh Ravioli)
- Brown ground beef and onion and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, garlic and pasta sauce. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Spray the inside of a 6-7 qt crock pot with cooking spray. Layer meat sauce, ravioli and cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese. Cover and cook on low 3 hours.
Chef Jocelyn Notes
This recipe is endlessly customizable. You can use whatever protein you have on hand or leave it out entirely! Add whatever vegetables you have – fresh or frozen spinach would be amazing! Mix it up – and let us know how you like it!