Hey y’all! We’re back in business! We’ve got a new schedule here, we’ll be posting every Tuesday with a new recipe for you – and each month will have a theme! This month is Back-to-School snacks, and we’ll be keeping up the back-to-school theme in our weekly live broadcasts, too – so be sure to tune in. Follow me on social media to get the dates and times for the live broadcasts, we’re still working out those details.
In the meantime, here’s a great recipe for a snack mix we love. It’s delicious and maybe a little healthier than chips – I mean, if mom makes it, it’s gotta be better, right?
- ⅓ cup butter, melted (5⅓ tbsp)
- 1 packet ranch dip mix (or make your own using my Ranch Recipe Here)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp light Karo Syrup
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups Chee-zits
- 1 cup dry roasted lightly salted peanuts
- In a microwavable measuring cup, melt the butter in 15 second intervals in the microwave. Stir in the ranch, Worcestershire, sugar, and Karo syrup.
- Spray a slow cooker pot with nonstick spray or line with a slow cooker bag. Add the cereal, crackers, pretzels and peanuts. Add the sauce and stir well to coat every little piece. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stirring at hour 1, hour 2 and one final time at 2½ hours.
- Pour everything out of the slow cooker unto on sheet pan to cool (Usually takes about 1 hour to cool).
Chef Jocelyn Notes:
This recipe takes about an hour to cool down but if you want to eat it warm, straight out of the slowcooker, I’m not going to stop you – it’s delicious that way. If there’s any left when you’re done, let it cool and then store it in a sealed zip-top bag or an airtight plastic container with a lid. If you keep the air out of it, it can last up to two weeks – assuming you don’t eat it all.