With our busy schedule, sometimes ordering take-out is inevitable. I really hate it when we resort to that, I’m a chef, dang it! Between the expense and the often poor choices we make, I wind up feeling terrible, and not just from indigestion. This Easy Pizza Casserole gives us the ease of take out, and the same fun flavors, without the cost – financial or gastrointestinal.
- 1 1/2 pound hamburger meat
- 1T Chopped Garlic
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 1T Italian Seasoning
- 1 box of Rotini Noodles (1lb) (any short-cut pasta will work)
- 1 jar(24 oz) of tomato sauce (quality counts!)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 C Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 C pizza cheese, shredded
- 1 package of pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a skillet, saute the onions with a little olive oil until golden, then add in the ground beef, garlic, and italian seasoning and cook until brown. Drain grease and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the meat is cooking, boil pasta until al dente, drain.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish and start layering by first spreading a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Second layer half of the noodles over the sauce. Then half of the meat and the rest of the noodles
- Next layer half of the cheese, the rest of the meat, the rest of the sauce, and then the rest of the cheese.
- Lastly, top with pepperonis.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once it is done baking, take it out and let if sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoy.