Holiday Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark
(Healthier Spin/Kid Friendly)
2 cups natural Greek yogurt
5 strawberries, cut into small pieces
honey or maple syrup for sweetness, optional
- Thinly slice the kiwis and then, using a tree shaped cookie cutter, cut a tree from each slice.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the yogurt into the center of the tray and spread evenly.
- Place the kiwi trees, strawberries and cranberries as desired onto the yogurt.
- Freeze until completely solid (approx. 4 hours.)
- Cut into sections and serve.
- Place sections into a zip lock bag and store in the freezer.
Chef Jocelyn Notes: If you have leftover kiwi or strawberries you can chopped them up and stir into the yogurt before spreading If you want to sweetened the yogurt you can add in Honey or Maple syrup to given it a little bit of sweetness.
Caramel Cinnamon Chex Mix
4 ½ cups Rice Chex Cereal
4 ½ cups Corn Chex Cereal
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup (1 Stick) salted butter
¼ cup light corn syrup
¼ teaspoon baking soda
⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cereal in a large,
heat safebowl. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, and sugar and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for one minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Spread cereal on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for about 5 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for 3 more minutes, until cereal turns golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then break up and store in an airtight container.
24 mini candy canes
12 large or jumbo marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Cover a cookie sheet in wax paper.
- Unwrap candy canes, place 12 candy canes in food processor(or in Ziploc bag) and crush.
- Insert one candy cane in each marshmallow to act as a stick and place on prepared sheet. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 45 seconds and stirring. If not complete, alternate heating for 15 seconds and stirring until smooth.
- Dip each marshmallow half way in chocolate and immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Place on prepared sheet.
- Rerigerate to set.