Chef Jocelyn’s Chili+Cheese Dogs
1 lb lean hamburger meat
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 cup sweet peppers, chopped
4 roasted garlic cloves, minced
2 (15 oz) can Kidney Beans, drained (optional)
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon black pepper
cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream for garnish
1 tube crescent rolls
⅓ c cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkg. lil smokies
- In a 4 qt pot on medium-high heat, combine hamburger meat, onions, sweet peppers, and garlic. Cook until onions are tender and you see no more pink in the hamburger meat.
- Stir in the next 6 ingredients through black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered for the next 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mini Cheese Dogs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray
- Unroll one 8 oz crescents roll dough onto parchment paper. Tear at seams and separate each piece. Once all 8 pieces are separated, cut each piece in half, creating 16 pieces. Sprinkle each piece with cheese, then place the lil sausage at the bottom of the strip and roll until covered. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 16 dogs