It’s been a long week, and it’s only Tuesday! If you know much about the baking industry, you know we start EARLY. So by the time dinner rolls around, I’m looking for anything that will get me off my feet fast. Pasta is a favorite in this house, especially with white sauce – but my husband always wants something a little spicier. Since my daughter is an athlete and needs her carbs, this recipe suits everybody’s needs – spicy, carb-y and EASY (the easy part is for me!)
One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb smoked chicken sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of uncooked dry penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning plus more for topping (Make your own here)
- 4 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add sausage to chicken and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and cook for for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, uncooked pasta and cajun seasoning to pot.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender (stir frequently)
- Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.