Did you catch our Facebook LIVE video this week? You can watch it here! We always have a lot of fun – like the Chef Jocelyn Facebook page to get alerts when we go live!
Here’s the recipes we made this week!
Autumn Pumpkin Salad Dressing
- 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 TB Maple Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Pure Pumpkin (Canned)
- 1 t Minced Garlic
- ¼ t Sea Salt
- ¼ t Dried Thyme
- ¼ Cinnamon
- 1 large Sweet Potato, Roasted and Cubed (See Directions on how to roast)
- 1 Apple,Thinly sliced
- ½ Cup of Toasted Pecans (See Directions on how to Toast)
- 1 Medium size package of lettuce blend of your choice
- For Dressings: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until all ingredients are combined
- For Salad: To roast a Sweet Potato cut in ½ and place on cookie sheet, covered in foil. Drizzle both sides with olive oil then drizzle maple syrup and dash of cinnamon
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until just tender. While the Sweet Potato is cooking you can toast the pecans in the same oven, just on a different sheet pan. Place these in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the smell is fragrant. These you will have to watch closely
- Remove both Sweet Potato and pecans from oven and let cool.
- Arrange Salad as preferred and add Autumn Pumpkin Salad Dressing
Chef Jocelyn Notes
So a couple notes about this salad, you can always add your protein to this salad, either add a boiled egg and/or chicken breast. The good thing about this salad dressing you can marinate the chicken in it for a minimum of 30 minutes no more than couple hours. You can grilled, bake, or even bread it for a fried chicken. This salad is very versatile you can also swap out the sweet potato for acorn squash and it also keeps it very seasonal. Enjoy!