Yields 12 Cups
¼ cup sugar
3 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 cup almonds
1 cup salted cashews
1 cup walnuts
½ cup pecans
½ c salted shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven 275 degrees. Spray cast iron skillet with cooking spray
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together sugars, rosemary, salt, crushed red flake, ginger, nutmeg, and cayenne
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and 1 tablespoon water until foamy. Add all nuts, stirring to coat
- Add coated nut mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Spread nuts in prepared cast iron skillet
- Bake. Stir every 15-20 minutes, until sugar mixture hardens and nuts are toasted. Total bake time should be about 50-55 minutes.
- Once done remove from oven and immediately spread evenly on wax paper.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Chef Jocelyn’s Notes
If you don’t like the nut the mixed nuts listed in the recipe, please feel free double up on or remove the ones that you don’t like!